国際高専:国際高等専門学校

History 沿革

昭和32年、前身となる北陸電波学校が開校し、昭和37年に金沢工業高等専門学校が開校、昭和40年に金沢工業大学が開校。以来、北陸随一の工業系教育機関として、多くのエンジニアを輩出してきました。
平成30年4月、変化の激しい時代に対応し、常に柔軟に対応できるより進化した人材育成を行うため、校名を国際高等専門学校とし白山麓キャンパスを開設。金沢工業大学と連携した5+4のスクールシステムを構築し、新たなグローバル人材の育成に取り組みます。

昭和32年6月1日 北陸電波学校開校
昭和33年4月1日 北陸電波専門学校開校
昭和34年4月1日 北陸電波高等学校開校
昭和37年4月1日 金沢工業高等専門学校開校・電気工学科設置(定員135名3学級)
昭和38年4月1日 機械工学科増設(定員90名2学級)
昭和39年9月28日 体育館完成
昭和40年4月1日 金沢工業大学開学
昭和42年10月18日 第2種電気主任技術者免状交付申請校に認定
昭和43年3月1日 第2級無線技術士予備試験の免除校に認定
昭和43年11月5日 能登半島国定公園に穴水湾自然学苑開苑
昭和44年1月16日 情報処理センター(現 情報処理サービスセンター)開設
昭和44年4月1日 教育工学研究所(現 情報処理サービスセンター)開設
昭和48年9月21日 扇が丘診療所開設
昭和52年5月19日 天池自然学苑開苑
昭和57年6月1日 ライブラリーセンター開館
昭和62年8月13日 工事担任者試験(電気通信事業法による)の一部免除校に認定
昭和63年4月1日 電気工学科1学級増
平成2年4月26日 第2体育館完成
平成3年4月1日 金沢市久安2丁目270番地にて新校舎完成
平成5年7月8日 夢考房開設
平成7年5月23日 シンガポール理工学院と協力協定調印
平成7年7月12日 米国セントマイケルズ大学と協力協定覚書調印
平成8年4月1日 マルチメディア考房開設
平成9年4月1日 創造技術教育研究所開設
平成10年12月14日 池の平セミナーハウス開設
平成14年12月17日 ニュージーランド国立オタゴポリテクニクと協力協定覚書調印
平成15年4月1日 電気工学科を電気情報工学科に名称変更(定員45名1学級)
平成15年4月1日 国際コミュニケーション情報工学科増設(定員45名1学級)
平成16年2月7日 ニュージーランド国立オタゴポリテクニクと協力協定調印
平成19年4月1日 地域連携教育センター開設
平成21年4月1日 電気情報工学科を電気電子工学科に名称変更(定員40名1学級)
平成21年4月1日 国際コミュニケーション情報工学科をグローバル情報工学科に名称変更(定員40名1学級)
平成22年12月9日 世界的工学教育機関「CDIOイニシアチブ」に加盟
平成26年4月1日 金沢工業高等専門学校第七代校長にルイス・バークスデール就任
平成27年4月1日 グローバル情報学科増設(定員40名1学級)。これに伴い、グローバル情報工学科学生募集を停止
平成27年11月18日 マレーシアマラ工科大学と協力協定覚書調印
平成28年4月13日 シンガポール工科大学と協力協定覚書調印
平成29年3月6日 ムハマディア大学ジョグジャカルタ校と協力協定覚書調印
平成30年3月26日 白山麓キャンパス開設
平成30年4月1日 校名を国際高等専門学校に名称変更
国際理工学科増設(定員90名2学級)
電気電子工学科・機械工学科
グローバル情報学科学生募集停止

Our school’s predecessor, Hokuriku Dempa Gakko (Hokuriku Radio Wave School) opened in 1957. Following this, Kanazawa Technical Collage opened in 1962 and Kanazawa Institute of Technology in 1965. Since then, we have produced countless engineers as Hokuriku region’s largest engineering educational institute.
In April 2018, to adapt to a rapidly changing society, we renamed our school to International Collage of Technology and opened our Hakusanroku campus. In collaboration with Kanazawa Institute of Technology, we created the 5+4 school system in order to educate global innovators of the future.

June 1, 1957 Hokuriku Radio Wave School founded
April 1, 1958 Hokuriku Radio Collage founded
April 1, 1959 Hokuriku Radio High School founded
April 1, 1962 Kanazawa Technical Collage founded, Department of Electronic Engineering established (135 students, 3 classes)
April 1, 1963 Department of Mechanical Engineering added (2 classes, 90 students each)
September 28, 1964 Gymnasium completed
April 1, 1965 Kanazawa Institute of Technology founded
October 18, 1967 Authorized as a grant application school for Second-class Chief Electrical Engineer certificate
March 1, 1968 Authorized as an exemption school for Second-class Radio Operator preliminary test
November 5, 1968 KIT Anamizu Bay Seminar House in Noto Peninsula National Park opened
January 16, 1969 Center for Information Processing founded (now Center for Information Services & Processing)
April 1, 1969 Computer Aided Instruction founded (now Center for Information Services & Processing)
September 21, 1973 Ohgigaoka Clinic opened
May 19, 1977 Amaike Athletic Center opened
June 1, 1982 Library Center opened
August 13, 1987 Partially authorized as an exemption school for Installation Technician certificate (by Telecommunication Business Law)
April 1, 1988 One class added to Department of Electronic Engineering
April 26, 1990 Second Gymnasium Completed
April 1, 1991 New school building completed in 2-270 Hisayasu Kanazawa
July 8, 1993 Yumekobo opened
May 23, 1995 Partnership signed with Singapore Polytechnic
July 12, 1995 Partnership memorandum signed with Saint Michael’s Collage in USA
April 1, 1996 Multi-media Workshop opened
April 1, 1997 Center for Creative Engineering Design Education established
December 14, 1998 Ikenodaira Seminar House opened
December 17, 2002 Partnership memorandum signed with Otago Polytechnic in New Zealand
April 1, 2003 Changed name of Department of Electronic Engineering to Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (1 class, 45 students)
April 1, 2003 Department of Computer Engineering and International Communication added (1 class, 45 students)
February 7, 2004 Partnership signed with Otago Polytechnic in New Zealand
April 1, 2007 Center for Community-Arranged Education opened
April 1, 2009 Changed name of Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering to Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (1 class, 40 students)
April 1, 2009 Changed name of Department of Computer Engineering and International Communication to Department of Global Information Technology (1 class, 40 students)
December 9, 2010 Joined world-standard “CDIO” engineering education initiative
April 1, 2014 Lewis Barksdale becomes seventh president of Kanazawa Technical Collage
April 1, 2015 Added Department of Global Information and Management (1 class, 40 students) and stopped receiving Department of Global Information Technology students
November 18, 2015 Partnership memorandum signed with Mara University of Technology in Malesia
April 13, 2016 Partnership memorandum signed with Singapore Institute of Technology
March 6, 2017 Partnership memorandum signed with Muhammadiyah University Yogyakarta
March 26, 2018 Hakusanroku Campus founded
April 1, 2018 Changed school’s name to International Collage of Technology and added Department of Science and Technology (2 classes, 90 students each)
Stopped receiving student for Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Department of Global Information and Management

HOMEAbout UsHistory

PAGETOP